New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

OS 10.4x - Scanner Help - Going Nuts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 4gbram iPhone5

hi

i've just bought a packard bell scanner which clearly states on the box and cd
that it is mac compatible. however there is nothing on the cd for mac install
nothing in the intructions and nothing on their website

no drivers nothing this is driving me crazy , it is a bog standard USB scanner
how do you insatll on a mac?

any help appreciated

kind regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan67
hi

i've just bought a packard bell scanner which clearly states on the box and cd
that it is mac compatible. however there is nothing on the cd for mac install
nothing in the intructions and nothing on their website

no drivers nothing this is driving me crazy , it is a bog standard USB scanner
how do you insatll on a mac?

any help appreciated

kind regards
Have you tried the Packard Bell site?
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/download

However, most things won't need a "driver", they just work when you connect them. Have you tried just connecting the scanner and trying to use it and acquire things from it?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
Have you tried the Packard Bell site?
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/

However, most things won't need a "driver", they just work when you connect them. Have you tried just connecting the scanner and trying to use it and acquire things from it?

hi thanks for reply

just plugged it in and it lights up - how do i aquire things from it

nothinon packard bell site

regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You can try the VueScan application.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
You can try the VueScan application.
hi

hanks for that
vuescan says that there is no scanner attached when i try to use it

but the scannner is plugged in by USB

any advice?

regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan67
hi

hanks for that
vuescan says that there is no scanner attached when i try to use it

but the scannner is plugged in by USB

any advice?

regards
If the scanner is plugged in, go to :
Applications>Image Capture.

Once Image Capture is open, it should have a Scanner Window open if the scanner is recognized.
If not, then regardless of what the box says, your scanner is likely not Mac compatible. I have not been able to find any drivers or install guides for it online anywhere.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
If the scanner is plugged in, go to :
Applications>Image Capture.

Once Image Capture is open, it should have a Scanner Window open if the scanner is recognized.
If not, then regardless of what the box says, your scanner is likely not Mac compatible. I have not been able to find any drivers or install guides for it online anywhere.
hi

thanks for that

no image capture device attached - so as far as i can see its incompatible

how can these massive companies say it is when it clearly is not?

its even printed on the cd rom but I'm about to take it back

no software on the cd or or the website

crap total crap

regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Is this a brand new scanner? I know the Packard Bell name has been resurected and new computers under that name. I was wondering if it was an older model and by Mac Compatible they meant OS9 or below. If VueScan will not find it I wonder what will.
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
Is this a brand new scanner? I know the Packard Bell name has been resurected and new computers under that name. I was wondering if it was an older model and by Mac Compatible they meant OS9 or below. If VueScan will not find it I wonder what will.
hi

yep brand new says on cd MacOSX (classic mode)?

does that mean i need to switch to classic mode to use it

if yes how do you do that?

regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

So the CD that came with the scanner says OSX Classic mode? I sure hope you do not have to go into classic just to scan. Classic support is on the CD/DVD that came with your Mac. On my Mini I think it's in extras. I will check and get back to you. You find the classic installer and install it. Is your install media for OSX on CD's or DVD and which version of OSX is it?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Major Lacie Problem - Need Input!!!!! | External DVD-Drive to load OS X? »