Specs:
    Late 2015 27" iMac Retina - 3.2 i5 - 8GB - 256GB SSD - R9 M380 GPU
    Hit the IIgs jackpot! (Pics)
    So yesterday I was hunting for computers on craigslist... I happened to be looking in the free section and came across "apple ii gs". Description said "free IIGS, 4 floppy drives, hard drive, monitor, system, system saver, keyboard, printer, all cables, and a ton of floppies."

So I panicked and frantically emailed the person and was the first to get a hold of him. Drove 22 miles there to Westlake get it...and was glad to.

What was included - system, color monitor, Kensington System Saver IIGS, 2 3.5" drives, 3 5.25 drives (One's a Laser brand), a 80MB external hard drive, ImageWriter II (Which DOES work!), cables, books, and a TON of programs. Everything works, and the hard drive has System 6 loaded on it with Appleworks and a few other programs.

Pics - Click to expand

Yes, thekeyboard's dirty, I havent cleaned it yet.

-William
    Late 2015 27" iMac Retina - 3.2GHz i5 - 8GB - 256GB SSD - R9 M380 GPU
    Former - Late 2012 Mini

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quite a haul you got there...congratulations! It's really awesome that you basically got a complete setup...including software...so you can start playing with it right away, without having to search for other items.

Of course as you know...speed is the key. Be the first one to e-mail the seller & be the first one to get to the sellers home!

Congrats again,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Yeah, I have been having some pretty good luck lately... mainly because I have my eyes glued to craigslist as much as I possibly can.

Only bad thing is I am having a hard time using it. It took me a while to figure out how to get into the menu to adjust settings and such, and also took me a while to boot from the hard drive (Read the HD interface card manual and figured it out). I also figured out how to boot from disks.

I have a IIe, but the furthest I went with it was sticking Number Munchers or some other game in it and booting from the disk.

I'm just glad I finally have a IIgs... I've wanted one since I first used one in 1994 in Kindergarten. We played MANY education games on them, including Oregon trail. 1994-1995 was the last year our school had them, the year after they switched to the all-in-ones
    -William
    Former - Late 2012 Mini

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    That's a great find, keep on to it.

Puts my old (working) SE30 to shame, that's almost pre macintosh
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    sweeet. well done!
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Congrats I had used some II+ and IIe machines but the GS was the first computer I owned. Kept it running long past the point where it was hard to get software. Enjoy it.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Did u get load runner? II gs was the first computer my family owned. Congrats on the good find
    60% of the time it works every time.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
    Did u get load runner?
    Thanks for the reminder...that was certainly a VERY popular game!

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Specs:
    Ok...

So I have an addiction to this GS. I have been plastered to it for hours on end for the past few days... learning BASIC programming and playing games.

I think I may have a problem! I even went so far as to go on a search online to find GS specific abandonware to put on floppies to play on it. My problem is I am not sure how to get it on the floppies from a Windblows PC.

I might have to put the HD in my MDD on the SCSI card to put games on it.

I am William, and I have a problem.

BTW - For those that want to know, the computer has a RAM-GS 4MB expansion card and a RAMFast Revision D SCSI card, in which I found out that both still fetch over $100 a piece!
    -William
    Former - Late 2012 Mini

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMan886 View Post

I think I may have a problem! I even went so far as to go on a search online to find GS specific abandonware to put on floppies to play on it. My problem is I am not sure how to get it on the floppies from a Windblows PC.
    I'm guessing what you may mean to say is...you can't get on the internet with your IIgs...and if there is IIgs software on the internet (abandonware)...how do you get it on floppies so you can use the software on the IIgs.

I'm thinking that you need either a Mac or Windows computer with a floppy drive (same floppy disk size [3.5" or 5.25"] & density as the IIgs)...which is also capable of getting on the internet. Have the floppy disk formatted for the II gs...then you just download directly to a floppy in the disk drive.

Relatively easy if you have all the proper hardware...tough if you don't.

- Nick

Thread Information