New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Trouble with a Samsung printer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Silverado

Silverado is on a distinguished road

My co-worker tried a firmware update on a CLX-3175FW laser printer, and now it's hung or frozen!

I tried a fresh firmware update with my Windows machine, but get the same problem: the printer's display reads "Image Error - reset printer" and all buttons are unresponsive.

I haven't had much luck finding a solution via Google, and all the shops in town suggest just sending it to Samsung.

Any advice? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Call samsung, they may know some clever reset procedure to unfreeze it

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I would guess that your co-worker "bricked" his Samsung printer with the firmware update. As advised, give Samsung a call and ask if there is a way to undo the update. Never apply a firmware update to a hardware device unless there is good reason to do so. (Like it's needed to make the device work right.) Firmware updates are dangerous and can render a device useless if they fail.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any Workarounds to make DELL LASER PRINTER work?? | Building a Cheap PC Rig from Scratch--Need advice »