Any Workarounds to make DELL LASER PRINTER work??
    Hi all,
    I'm a new Macbook Pro user (switched from Windows on the advice of a very insistent yet lovely boyfriend) now in the midst of my "learning curve" but must still work while learning and bring in an income using this computer!
    **So here I am, struggling, and need to make my wonderful Dell Laser Printer 3000cn work somehow, someway, with this MacbookPro I bought September 2010.
    I am terrified there are no drivers I can find - but there must be some clever way to do this? Some sneaky workaround that a clever Mac user has discovered? The Dell is a color laser printer and was a significant investment: I can not afford another.
    *I do also have a Minolta Pagepro that is older, only black and white, gotta find it.
    However would prefer to get the Dell up and running. I hate to have to invest in a cheap windows laptop just to do my printing (do the work on the Macbook, transfer to the windows laptop, then print) yet so far that seems to be the only alternative I can come up with. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

In Denial
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    +1 on the advice to try a xerox printer driver

From what I have seen Dell doesn't make any of the printers they sell. Sometimes it takes a little detective work to figure out what you actually have.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11
    And if that does not work look for a similar Lexmark model as many Dell printers are simply re-badged Lexmark's which should be avoided like the plague!
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information