New Samsung printer software problems
    I just bought a new printer Samsung ML-1665. When I try to load the software CD on my Macbook (OS X 10.5.8), it doesn't take it, just spit it out
    I did try the CD on my partners Mac it does the same. I haven't got a clue about what to do, other than returning the printer to the seller, I'm pretty ignorant on these matters. I'd be grateful if anyone can enlighten me, please. I only have few days to return the printer, if it doesn't work.
    Thank you!

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by laiste View Post
    I just bought a new printer Samsung ML-1665. When I try to load the software CD on my Macbook (OS X 10.5.8), it doesn't take it, just spit it out
    I did try the CD on my partners Mac it does the same. I haven't got a clue about what to do, other than returning the printer to the seller, I'm pretty ignorant on these matters. I'd be grateful if anyone can enlighten me, please. I only have few days to return the printer, if it doesn't work.
    Thank you!
    Perhaps you have a damaged CD. But, you might try going to the Samsung website and look for product support for your printer. They may have the latest drivers and manual available to download.

EDIT: try this link
    http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/p...il&tab=support
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I don't know about the ML-1665 but I have had bad experiences with any Samsung printer that I purchased. I returned two of them previously. Although the tech data for the printer says that it works with Mac OS X up to version 10.6.X (Snow Leopard) it appears you may have a bad CD or one that's Windows only.

My advice is to return it and buy another brand. HP, Canon, and Brother all make good BW laser printers which work with OS X.

Thread Information