New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

How to adjust display position?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gj1807

gj1807 is on a distinguished road

I recently replaced my cracked bezel on my mbp (silver keys). The new bezel is not made by apple and the dimensions are a little off on the inner frame. so now about a third of my menu bar is being cut off by my replacement bezel. Everything else fit perfectly when i did the replacement, and i have made no installation errors.

My question is, Is there any way to adjust the position of my viewable screen?(remember manually doing this on old crt monitors). All I would like to do is move the menu bar down about 2-3 mm.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You'll need to use either SwitchResX or DisplayConfigX to set a custom resolution.

My guess is that once you adjust the resolution to bring the menu bar within the viewing area, you're going to have a black bar at the bottom.

Adjusting screen position is a parameter of the monitor. I know of no app that will do that on the OS side.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Building a Cheap PC Rig from Scratch--Need advice | Magic Trackpad Flashes "Low Battery" Upon Startup but is 100% »