New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Mighty Mouse problem?!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

prostuff1

prostuff1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)

I just recently bought some new macs and got a might mouse (which for one love, but it does take some getting use to). I still can't get the hang of actully using a right click since i am so use to using control + click. Anyway, since installing the software for the might mouse i ahve one weird thing happen. When i restart/shutdown and restart the computer the default settings for spotlight go back to normal. What i had is Quicksilver set to the key command that spotlight uses. So i reset spotlight to use a differnet one. It was all fine and dandy until i installed the might mouse software and now spotlight keeps going back to defualt, which means that i lose quicksilver until i cahnge spotlight again. This is a really pain.

I have tried repairing permissions but that is about it. I have also shut down and restarted the computer a couple of times.

Any suggestions??

The might mouse is working fine but i have now idea why spotlight is doing this.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Maybe there's an issue with Quicksilver and the mighty mouse drivers?
Have you checked the boards over at Blacktree?
QUOTE Thanks
prostuff1

prostuff1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)

No, i have not checked over there, but i will.

I talked with a technician guy last night and he suggested i install it in another account and see what happens. I have Quicksilver installed on two others macs and i don't have this probelm with spotlight. But the other two macs only have one user account.

I did check on apples disscusion boards and i am not the only one having this problem.

OH GREAT!! now it happens weather i restart or not. It just reset and i lost functionality of Quicksilver.

Well, off i go t do some more searching.
QUOTE Thanks
allexsimmons

if you find a solution please post here. i am having the same problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newbie Help! Retrieving files from old computer. | Missing Link software »