Magic Track Pad battery usage.
    I had my Mac for 4 months now, really happy with it.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the Magic track Pad battery usage. Mine will eat a fully (re)charged, new battery in 4 days, maybe less.

This seems a lot for such a device. Can someone please post a comparison so I know whether I have a problem or not.

Cheers.

(I suppose it does get some hammer, I rarely use the mouse.)

Specs:
    -->
    I have the Apple batteries and charger, and I have had mine in since Christmas and have not charged them yet. Granted, my usage is probably much less than most but 4 days seems ridiculous. My Magic mouse that I use every day gets well over a month of use on a charge.
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 128GB Verizon iPhone 7 Plus | 128GB iPad Pro LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

I too bought the apple charger and batteries. (Just as well I did!)

OK, thanks for that, I'll start asking questions.

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Have the batteries that came with mine, and have had it in use since Christmas. 55% power left, so that sure seems excessive.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
    Two things to think about?
    Does your Apple Computer go to sleep - this should put your Magic Track Pad to sleep, although it will still consume a small amount.
    Second do you know how to "shut off" your Magic Track Pad? Push and hold the "On Button" for more than 5 seconds until the green light goes off. This really does save your battery.
    I have also bought the Apple Charger and Batteries and can get 2 to 3 months out of a full charge and I use my computer 4 to 8 hours a day. I shut my computer off at night and I also shut off my Apple BT Keyboard and Magic Track Pad.

DavidH

Just to let you know, I've spoken to Apple support and they're going to replace the unit. The two tech guys I spoke to had never seen the problem before.

Thanks for the above input, very helpful.

Russ

Just to close this thread out.

Got my replacement track pad - battery usage has dropped noticeably - only used 4% in 4 days.

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Good to know, at least for future reference we know that others have had issues. Thanks for posting back.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Thread Information