New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

New Digital Camera - Kodak v550

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I just ordered the silver version of the Kodak EasyShare v550. I played with one while at Costco today and it's a phenomenal camera.

It will be replacing my Canon Digital Elph S400.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v550front.jpg (12.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg v550back.jpg (19.8 KB, 10 views)

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Very nice. I just replaced my Olympus C-720 zoom with a Canon Digital Rebel

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

That is also an awesome camera. If I were going to really do more with digital photography that would have definitely be on the list but I can't justify the cost for what I do with it.

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

I take a ton of sports shots so I need the speed of an SLR. My dad uses the Canon 20D which is amazing but the Rebel handles my needs. It also helped that I was able to get it at a cheaper price since the Rebel XT is out

QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

don't wanna be a downer....but my dad owns a camera store and he sees kodaks come on A LOT that need to be fixed....he doesn't sell them in his soter for a reason, amke sure you have a place to go with all your problems.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

The problem with that is that most Kodaks where marketed to people who have no clue how to use a computer so I'm sure they did have a lot of problems. Similar to the Mac user who doesn't have a clue how to use their machine and probably messes it all up trying .

But I will give you that earlier Kodak's did have some production and quality issues. The newest models though are pretty top notch.

But although my first paragraph was partially a joke, I do think the "it's so easy even a newbie could it" kind of market Kodak was after early on definitely lends itself to people breaking things alot more.

QUOTE Thanks
Tel

I owned on older Easyshare camera, I think it was a 3MP camera, it was a very basic camera and getting good shots was a bit hit and miss but it never once broke down on me or anything.

I also have the 300D now, great camera. I'm saving for a couple of decent lenses now.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

i haven't recenlty seen any schweb, so that very well could be, and as long as it feels rigt for you
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Very nice. I just replaced my Olympus C-720 zoom with a Canon Digital Rebel

I just picked up a rebel XT last week and have really been enjoying it. My wife has the film version of the rebel so it is nice to have both to play with. I've been meaning to take some pics side by side with them and see how the settings compare. It would be nice to use the digital for testing lighting and then use the 35mm to shoot the actual prints.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

Yea the XT is nice but I didn't see the need to spend the extra money on the camera when I could put it towards a nice lense. Ultimate plan is for my dad to get tired of his 20D and go for a Mark I and I get teh 20D from him

QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Yea the XT is nice but I didn't see the need to spend the extra money on the camera when I could put it towards a nice lense. Ultimate plan is for my dad to get tired of his 20D and go for a Mark I and I get teh 20D from him

Yeah... that's a good point. The stock lenses are not anything to write home about. I was fortunate because my wife already had some nice lenses for her rebel. I wanted to go up to the 20D... just because it feels so much sturdier... But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's a pretty steep price difference... I figured maybe if we really get into this whole photography thing then I will trade both rebels in towards it. And yes.. I got to play with a Mark I once... It was unbelievable.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Mace will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP

I'm really entertaining getting the V550 myself. My dad is really heavy into photography and quite good IMO and I'm looking for a way to ease myself into it also. I like how compact it is, the video capture feature is a plus in my book too. I'm curious as to the quality of the video though. And how much does anyone use it, if at all?

(Yay, for my first post :black: )
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Mace will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP

So any word on how camera after putting it through its paces? I'm interested to hear your impressions.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerMac G5 Ethernet not showing up!! | Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Platinum »