New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Issues with new Magic Trackpad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Soco

Soco is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am fairly new to my iMac, I've had it for a few months now and mostly do my design work on it. I got a Magic Trackpad for my Christmas and I cant seem to get it to work. I can get the pointer to move (done through bluetooth) when I run my fingers along the Trackpad but nothing else seems to be working.

I read that you must have Mac OS X 10.6.4 or above, I have 10.5.8 and tried to update my software but my Mac says I have the most up to date software.

The questions I have are can I get this Trackpad to work with the OS I have? If not can I get an upgrade or do I have to buy it?

Thanks.
Stephen.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Your copy of Leopard is up to date, 10.5.8.

However you need to get Snow leopard, version 10.6. You will have to buy the upgrade, but the good news is that the new version of OSX is only $29

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Soco

Soco is on a distinguished road

Ok cool. Thanks for the speedy response. I'll get the upgrade done.

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
ldsconvert

ldsconvert is on a distinguished road

I just got a magic trackpad and it works great. The only issue i have is that I can't get our second mac to "forget" it. Basically, when I am using the pad, it is effecting both macs. I "disconnected it" under the blue tooth menu, but everytime the pad is turned back on, it automatically pics up on the unwanted mac.

any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Click the bluetooth menu bar icon and choose "Open bluetooth preferences". Then select your device and click "-" to forget it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2 Remote and 3 Computers | Recommend me a bluetooth mouse. »