Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

bye bye iPhone 3g
    My new Windows Mobile 7 phone was delivered today, the Samsung Focus. All i can say is WOW....its totally awesome. I am way more excited about this phone than when i got the iPhone. So now the iPhone 3G is going in the junk drawer.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Will be interested to see a review once you've had it for a bit. So far, all of the reviews I've seen seem to focus on its deficits versus Android/iPhone. Not sure if you have a Mac, but I'd be interested to see if that works as well.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    I think that post was intended to get a reaction....

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Can I have your old iPhone 3g? Grin

Do keep us posted on your experiences with the new Windows 7 phone. Also does it work with an Mac and OSX?

So far here is what i have as far as pros and cons Vs iPhone.

Samsung Focus

Pros:
    Larger screen
    Removable battery
    MS Office integration. Can create / edit word, excel power point and OneNote documents
    Music (Zune) Player has much larger text for artist, album and Song
    Pictures Much better organization, Albums can be broken down in to multiple sub albums
    Contacts are integrated with your facebook friends on your phone. So any missing info from your main address book gets pulled from facebook, including their avatar.
    Several of the apps function better and are more polished visually as compared to their iPhone counterparts.

Cons
    No copy and paste
    No Landscape key board option in certain apps
    Lack of apps
    Cannot sort apps to the way you want them listed.
    Alarm clock is not loud enough
    no customizable ring tones for your contacts
    8 gig model only, but has micro sd card slot to accept up to a 16gig micro sd.

im sure there will be more cons as i dive deeper into the phone, however, i am still really impressed with this phone. i cant find if its supported on a MAC, but im sure it would be.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    FYI, you can integrate your friends facebook info in the iPhones address book via the facebook app itself, including their avatar. Just sayin...

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Zune..... Lol
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
    Zune is a funny word. Thats about it. Versus an iphone 3g screen, a terd looks polished nowadays. At the time it was introduced though it was pretty amazing. Kind of like the first color tv or standard definition before HD. The retina display on the iPhone 4 is the highest resolution screen out there though, as of what I know now anyway. Pretty soon everything will have better screens, but only after its already been done. In terms of word, excel and etc. Microsoft could make an easy killing in the app store with a functional product but obviously ego prohibits good ideas like that. Leave it up to Apple to pave the way for these things. And just for proof of how well they're doing, check this out... Steve Jobs Named MarketWatch's CEO of the Decade - Mac Rumors

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    Zune..... Lol
    I actually kinda like the Zune interface. The Zune desktop software, on the other hand, is utter garbage.

June 2007
    July 2009

Cool, keep us posted for sure. I still have a 3G and might be planning to replace it in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by james515 View Post
    So far here is what i have as far as pros and cons Vs iPhone.

Samsung Focus

Pros:
    Larger screen
    Removable battery
    MS Office integration. Can create / edit word, excel power point and OneNote documents
    Music (Zune) Player has much larger text for artist, album and Song
    Pictures Much better organization, Albums can be broken down in to multiple sub albums
    Contacts are integrated with your facebook friends on your phone. So any missing info from your main address book gets pulled from facebook, including their avatar.
    Several of the apps function better and are more polished visually as compared to their iPhone counterparts.

Cons
    No copy and paste
    No Landscape key board option in certain apps
    Lack of apps
    Cannot sort apps to the way you want them listed.
    Alarm clock is not loud enough
    no customizable ring tones for your contacts
    8 gig model only, but has micro sd card slot to accept up to a 16gig micro sd.

im sure there will be more cons as i dive deeper into the phone, however, i am still really impressed with this phone. i cant find if its supported on a MAC, but im sure it would be.
    I'm glad you like your Windows phone, but I'd like to point out as was also noted above, that the iPhone will sync Facebook and contacts.

And I still cant understand why people are so hung up on a removable battery. The iPhone's integrated design lasts longer than all its competitors, and replacement batteries for most of those cost more than an emergency recharger for an iPhone

so far in the 3 days i have had the phone I have not had any dropped calls. I usually drop at least 2 calls a day on the iPhone 3g, this has happened ever since the first day I got it.

the volume levels for the music is more consistent between songs on the Samsung, with the iPhone the volume would decrease or in crease on certain songs....those same songs are fine on the Samsung.

the random play or shuffle is so much better on the Samsung, i have yet to hear the same song more than 1 time. on the iPhone, even with doing that weird setting in itunes, the randomness was not all that. i would hear the same song 2 or 3 times in the same day. i tried more times than i can remember to get iTunes to really randomize or shuffle up the songs better, but noting worked.

Specs:
    the volume levels for the music is more consistent between songs on the Samsung, with the iPhone the volume would decrease or in crease on certain songs....those same songs are fine on the Samsung.
    You do know this was feature you could enable on the iPhone, right? It's called "Sound Check" and it equalizes the volume between all the music as it plays.

I'm not even going to touch the shuffle comments.

I can't help but note that after 3 days you haven't said anything about integration with the Mac though.

Specs:
    Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
    My new Windows Mobile 7 phone was delivered today, the Samsung Focus. All i can say is WOW....its totally awesome. I am way more excited about this phone than when i got the iPhone. So now the iPhone 3G is going in the junk drawer.
    Don't put the 3G in the junk drawer; Sell it!! Those things still fetch a nice price on ebay.
    Don't believe anything I tell you, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction. This is known as "doing your homework."

Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    I'm not even going to touch the shuffle comments.
    I'll bite.... I have been using iPods and such for a long time and I have also noticed that the shuffle algorithm that Apple use is horrible. I have even had a song play twice in a row on several occasions. I don't really care all that much but it is annoying when you are working out or doing something and can't get to the device to fast forward.

As for the rest, I am sure there are a lot of things that both phones can do. I would also be interested in its ability to integrate with a Mac but phones are phones in my opinion. Apple has lead the way and Android and Windows are making decent offerings as well. All of them, in my opinion, are nice phones. Price is what is going to probably affect my next choice.

Thread Information