Unhappy The other liquid spill thread was closed..
    So, yeah, spilled some juice over my macbook pro, joy..
    I didn't know what to do when I spilled it so of course I just got a towel and tried to clean it away, unplugged the Notebook in about 3 minutes..
    Since then it has been freezing or lagging every 5-10 sec, the keyboard lights are a mess, "H", "Y", "7 and /" and "B" are brighter than the other keys, the delete key, the eject key and the volume keys are a little hard to push.

Anybody got any answers for me?
    Don't really have money for a new one and I kind off really need my computer :c
    It happened late yesterday btw.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I really don't understand why we need to keep regurgitating this topic constantly. I think the point highlighted in red in the post bobtomay mentioned is pretty clear. Once the exposure has happened, the damage is done.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
    *rolls eyes*

Like cwa’s signature says, liquids and computers don’t mix. You can’t say you weren’t asking for it.
    -Dylan

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I really don't understand why we need to keep regurgitating this topic constantly. I think the point highlighted in red in the post bobtomay mentioned is pretty clear. Once the exposure has happened, the damage is done.
    Because as you know, everyone thinks their situation is special or different. No one likes to be told there's no hope...or search for that matter.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    Because as you know, everyone thinks their situation is special or different. No one likes to be told there's no hope...or search for that matter.
    This is what I have to remind myself every time I see the same question for the 10,000th time...but sometimes it's difficult...especially when we have stickies that specifically address it.

But then again...I know that new members don't always read stickies...and may not even know they exist since they are new to the website.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    This is what I have to remind myself every time I see the same question for the 10,000th time...but sometimes it's difficult...especially when we have stickies that specifically address it.

But then again...I know that new members don't always read stickies...and may not even know they exist since they are new to the website.

- Nick
    I think the OP read the sticky, which is why they mentioned that it was closed in the thread title, but just doesn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation.

Liquid shorts circuits in ways that they shouldn't be shorted, resulting in damage to said circuits. So, once the short happens, it's done. In some cases, it might get better after it's dried. But more often than not, it's already toast. So, the moral of the story is, let it dry out and hope for the best. Otherwise, you can expect to have to repair or replace it.

You can't miracle it away. You have to replace the damaged parts. I think the sticky thread is very clear, but for whatever reason, each person seems to think that their situation is different. I'm not unsympathetic to these folks, but I just wish people would be more careful with their expensive electronics.

As a kid, I remember dropping a walkie-talkie into a puddle, destroying it. My dad said to me "you need to learn how to take better care of your stuff, I can't fix it". Apparently not everyone learns that life-lesson until they've done something similar to something way more expensive.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I think the OP read the sticky, which is why they mentioned that it was closed in the thread title, but just doesn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation.
    Ahh...that makes sense! I was sort of confused why the OP mentioned that "the other liquid spill thread was closed".

I thought maybe they meant that...they (the OP) started a "liquid spilled" thread...it was closed...and then they (the OP) started a 2nd thread.

I guess looking at it fairly & objectively (from the new member standpoint)...I guess it would be sort of confusing to:

- be a new member
    - find the appropriate thread
    - read the thread (the liquid spilled "sticky")
    - and then not be able to reply to it (since it was closed).

Of course on the other had (logically)...what else really needs to be said. In most cases: Liquid + Computer = Dead Computer!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Ahh...that makes sense! I was sort of confused why the OP mentioned that "the other liquid spill thread was closed".

I thought maybe they meant that...they (the OP) started a "liquid spilled" thread...it was closed...and then they (the OP) started a 2nd thread.

I guess looking at it fairly & objectively (from the new member standpoint)...I guess it would be sort of confusing to:

- be a new member
    - find the appropriate thread
    - read the thread (the liquid spilled "sticky")
    - and then not be able to reply to it (since it was closed).

Of course on the other had (logically)...what else really needs to be said. In most cases: Liquid + Computer = Dead Computer!

- Nick
    You're right on both counts.

I think maybe we should go through and purge all of the cruft in that sticky thread and leave it open for people to ask their questions. And then just periodically clean it out.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB Flash Storage, 3.3Ghz, 16GB memory, OS X.11.5.
    We need TWO big flashing signs over the door!

Do not allow liquids anywhere near you Mac!

Hang on to those system install discs!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448
    Hang on to those system install discs!
    Oy, yeah - that too! Why is it that people seem to just toss their system discs?

Thread Information