New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Non-Apple mouse that works well with iMacs?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rizzy

Rizzy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac: CPU - Intel i5, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Okay - long and short:

We have used a Logitech MX Performance mouse for a while now, and we're on our 4th - all of them succumbed to the same problem, left button contact gets finnicky and ends up useless. Plus, I don't care much at all for the Magic Mouse, simply because I am a Left/Right button kinda person. I'm not big on the whole "finger acrobatics" to do stuff with the MM.

I liked the thumb buttons on the left side (of the MX) for the forward/back buttons (for web surfing or folder surfing) but would these on "another" mouse work in Snow Leopard? They didn't work too well on the MX Performance mouse.

Anyone have any successful experience with this?
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

I'm afraid you'll just have to find one you like the look of and look on their website to see if there is a mac driver for it.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Find one you like and use Steermouse or USBOverdrive to map the buttons to what you want.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Ive been using a microsoft intellimouse for a long time now...works great with all my Macs.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

It sounds like the microswitch is dying on your MX mice. Do you play a lot of games and use the button to do something like fire? Just wondering why 4 in a row had that switch mess up.

I would say either Logitech or Microsoft for a replacement but wonder about another MX due to your issues with it.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I vote for Microsoft. I'm not a fan of Logitech on the Mac, they have a history of really bad drivers that can screw with your system.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The BulletTrain Express Keyboard & Trackpad Platform | Dell Printer Drivers? »