New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Motion problems on my Plasma when I plug my new Macbook into it

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

doorlock2323

doorlock2323 is on a distinguished road

hello,

I just recently purchased a Plasma 50'' Samsung and I am having issues when I plug my Macbook pro into it. I try to watch video or a money I have on that computer and the Plasma screen comes up very choppy and jittery.

My set us is as follows:

1. I have a brand new macbook pro that I have a movie on it that i watch off VLC.
2. I plug it into my computer using a mini DVI out into a hdmi connector and then plug into my plasma tv.
3. I press play on my computer and the movie starts going.

And for some reason, the picture quality does not come out very well. on my old flatscreen, i did the exact same plug in and it worked fine. If you could let me know what the issue is, maybe it is issue with the television, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a lot of videos on my hard drive and would love to be able to synch it up to my plasma screen and watch it with cyrstal clear vision there.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Moved to appropriate forum.

Please read the Sticky post at the head of this forum regarding hooking a TV to your Mac.

Also please respond back with the exact model of Samsung Plasma you own and the specs for your new MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
doorlock2323

doorlock2323 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Moved to appropriate forum.

Please read the Sticky post at the head of this forum regarding hooking a TV to your Mac.

Also please respond back with the exact model of Samsung Plasma you own and the specs for your new MBP.
Sure, sorry about that.

The plasma is a :

Samsung-50" Class / 1080p / 600Hz / 3D Plasma HDTV-PN50C8000YF

The MBP:

With the following configuration:

PROCESSOR 065-9133 2.53GHz Intel Core i5
MEMORY 065-9135 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRM - 2x2GB
HARD DRIVE 065-9140 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200
OPTICAL DRIVE 065-9145 SuperDrive 8X DL
DISPLAY 065-9147 MBP 15" Glossy WS Display

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Thanks for posting back. Hopefully moderator bobtomay will see your post and offer some advice.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Since we know it works just fine on another TV, it should only be something to do with the Samsung. You'll need to go into the TV menus looking for things that may be turned on and turn them off such as Cinemotion and other proprietary things some individual TV manufacturers throw onto their TVs.

You might look on that one to see if you can turn off the 600hz subfield motion.
You might also try the single HDMI port that is labeled DVI.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with wireless HP photosmart connection to MacBook | Best Barcode Scanner to input to a computer »