13" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz C2D - 4GB RAM - 250GB Hard Drive
    Speakers Suggestions?
    I'm looking at a set of good speakers (and reasonably priced) to go with my MBP. I'm thinking Logitech is the way to go. Logitech I find to be the biggest bang for your buck speaker wise. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for only 2 speakers but if a good set comes with a subwoofer thats fine.

*I have the Logitech V20's now - not sure if I want to keep these or get a new set.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Take a look at the CNET review for computer speakers. LINK Unfortunately my taste in computer speakers is out of line with what I can afford. I'd love to have a set of Bose to go along with my current big Bose setup but we need to spend the $$$ on more essential things.

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Unfortunately my taste in computer speakers is out of line with what I can afford.
    I think that this is a very common problem!!! And extends well beyond the scope of computer least in my case!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

houston texas
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    These have always had the best sound for computer speakers to my ears. ProMedia 2.1 Wireless iPod/Computer Speaker - Specifications

Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMacUser5 View Post
    I'm looking at a set of good speakers (and reasonably priced) to go with my MBP.
    Tell us more about your computer setup physical. We can take an educated guess from the fact that you're using a MBP, but more detail would help, eg. wired or wireless.

If you have room, I'd recommend an external amplifier connected to quality speakers. Mac audio output is good, but not great.

So, I'd suggest something like a quality but inexpensive amp from Aiwa, Sony or Technics, coupled to quality speakers. I like JVC for their efficiency, but I use Technics with my computer audio setup, and they are very good. All items in the audio setup are 2-hand, either found, or bought at online auction. Total cost - about US$30 (and that's a guess!).
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Thread Information