New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Speakers Suggestions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NewMacUser5

NewMacUser5 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz C2D - 4GB RAM - 250GB Hard Drive

I'm looking at a set of good speakers (and reasonably priced) to go with my MBP. I'm thinking Logitech is the way to go. Logitech I find to be the biggest bang for your buck speaker wise. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for only 2 speakers but if a good set comes with a subwoofer thats fine.

*I have the Logitech V20's now - not sure if I want to keep these or get a new set.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Take a look at the CNET review for computer speakers. LINK Unfortunately my taste in computer speakers is out of line with what I can afford. I'd love to have a set of Bose to go along with my current big Bose setup but we need to spend the $$$ on more essential things.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Unfortunately my taste in computer speakers is out of line with what I can afford.
I think that this is a very common problem!!! And extends well beyond the scope of computer speakers...at least in my case!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

These have always had the best sound for computer speakers to my ears. ProMedia 2.1 Wireless iPod/Computer Speaker - Specifications
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMacUser5 View Post
I'm looking at a set of good speakers (and reasonably priced) to go with my MBP.
Tell us more about your computer setup physical. We can take an educated guess from the fact that you're using a MBP, but more detail would help, eg. wired or wireless.

If you have room, I'd recommend an external amplifier connected to quality speakers. Mac audio output is good, but not great.

So, I'd suggest something like a quality but inexpensive amp from Aiwa, Sony or Technics, coupled to quality speakers. I like JVC for their efficiency, but I use Technics with my computer audio setup, and they are very good. All items in the audio setup are 2-hand, either found, or bought at online auction. Total cost - about US$30 (and that's a guess!).

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone have experience with this Safco folding computer desk? | Erratic mouse »