New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Problem with Keyboard Numpad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ARSkemp

ARSkemp is on a distinguished road

I am currently using the Logitech MX 5500 (Keyboard and Mouse Combo). Although its not officially supported, I already have it because I used it for my Windows 7 Desktop and it works almost fine when connected to my 2009 Macbook Pro.

The problem I am having is that when I use my number pad it it presses a key before and after each number on the numpad. I am not sure what this key is because nothing actually shows up in the text box i am typing in. There is also a delay to this mystery key of about 2-3 sec. When using a program like Excel it has become very annoying due to the mystery key deleting whatever may be highlighted when it decides to register. So if i type something in then select another box, it deletes whatever is in the box that is selected ~ 2 seconds later.

I found a program that displays on screen what keys are being pressed as i type them and this is what the symbol looks like:

I'm not sure exactly what this key is.

So when i use the numpad and just want to type in 123 then this is what the keyboard does:

"mysterykey" 123 "2 second delay" "mysterykey"

Does anyone know what this key is?
If I cannot get rid of the key, possibly is there a program that i can download to change what the key does (like change it to the option key or ctrl key or something that wont be nearly as annoying)?

Macbook Pro 13|2.26Ghz|9400m|4GB Ram|500GB HD|
QUOTE Thanks
ARSkemp

ARSkemp is on a distinguished road

Does anyone at least know what the symbol above stands for on a keyboard?

Macbook Pro 13|2.26Ghz|9400m|4GB Ram|500GB HD|
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cannon Printer | 30" Apple Cinema Display as a media screen »