New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

PCI-E to PCI-X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bengat

bengat is on a distinguished road

I'm looking for a solution to use Protools HD core PCI-X on a new mac pro with PCI-E slots.i have seen expansion chassis that does it but are not qualified by digidesign! my question is will it work?
there the kind of product i'm talking about:HT-1010 PCI-Express Bus to 4 x PCI Expansion chassis
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

All I know is the voltage of PCI-E slots is lower than PCI-X. You can put a PCI card in a PCI-X slot...but nether in a PCI-E. Ive never seen an adapter to do this,although they may exist...be very careful not to damage your Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

And for damage read KILL!

DigiDesign Expansion Version 8.0 is the go for the Mac Pro.

http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm...4&itemid=23030
QUOTE Thanks
rholinho

rholinho is on a distinguished road

I'm also curious if the HT-1010 PCIe to PCI expansion works with Protools. OP, or anyone else, have you had any luck with this?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External Drive for programs? | URGENT:: Connecting Macbook Pro to mixer »