New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

HP 2600n color issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

obycencio

obycencio is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13"

Hi, I'm trying to print some documents at the office's printer but all the images are printing blackened and text is highlighted in red or blue.
Since this model is old, HP won't help me! And the "solution" provided in their webpage is not working. They say I need to change to "device" instead of the default color on the printers characteristics.
Do any of you have a solution?? Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

It looks like HP discontinued this model some time ago. Also without any other information about your system, RE: what year model Mac you're using, which version of OS X, etc, it's difficult to offer any help.

Do you have the proper drivers installed for the printer?
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Did you check the latest drivers HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
QUOTE Thanks
obycencio

I'm using OS 10.6.4. And it seems that after a software update (from mac) I did a while ago, things went wrong. The first 2 weeks I used the printer everything was OK, then updated and the problem started.
I checked the drivers and they seem updated... :S
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by obycencio View Post
I'm using OS 10.6.4. And it seems that after a software update (from mac) I did a while ago, things went wrong. The first 2 weeks I used the printer everything was OK, then updated and the problem started.
I checked the drivers and they seem updated... :S
Did you repair permissions after you did the update...when you install printer drivers or system updates you should repair permissions. Do you have OnyX.
QUOTE Thanks
obycencio

I don't think so... how should I do that?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Boot your machine with the Snow Leopard DVD. Enter Disk Utility from the top menu "Utilities". Highlight your hard drive on the left side, click on the First Aid tab on the right and select "Repair Permissions" from the bottom box.
QUOTE Thanks
obycencio

Great, I used OnyX and it worked. I was at the office, so no access to the original disk, but it seems everything's OK now. Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Panasonic DP - C322, DP 1820E printing | Unwrite protect a thumb drive »