New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Mini Displayport Adapter?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ChrisERoots

ChrisERoots is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering if anybody could help me track down an Mini Displayport Adapter. I was reading a review about it on a website a while ago and stupidly forgot to bookmark the page.

I think the adapter is by Belkin or a company like that but its killer app is that it can output in HDMI and VGA! I remember from the picture it was black and I only wish I could remember more. any help would be gratefully received.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

There is no mdp adapter that does both HDMI and VGA that I've seen.

Griffin has one for DVI or HDMI. Amazon has about the best price on it - here.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisERoots View Post
I'm wondering if anybody could help me track down an Mini Displayport Adapter. I was reading a review about it on a website a while ago and stupidly forgot to bookmark the page.

I think the adapter is by Belkin or a company like that but its killer app is that it can output in HDMI and VGA! I remember from the picture it was black and I only wish I could remember more. any help would be gratefully received.
I'm not 100% sure of your goals for this adapter...but I would think that if an adapter like this did exist that it would be pretty expensive. Getting two individual adapters (as "bobtomay" suggested")...would be the more economical route (and doesn't really take up that much space if your concerns are space related in a travel bag).

But since it appears that this sort of adapter does not exist...getting two individual adapters may be the only option.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ChrisERoots

ChrisERoots is on a distinguished road

@bobtomay

thanks a lot for your response. That is exactly the product I remember. I couldn't remember whether it was HDMI & VGA or some other connection. Just needed to see the product again and it's what I'll be going for.

Thanks people
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recommend a suitable video projector for MacbookPro? | Electronic Highlighter /Scanner »