New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple 20'' dead pixels

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

deadpixel

I bought a Apple 20'' Cinema display only to find out that it had a cluster of dead pixels.

I took it back to the Apple store and they were kind enough to give me a new one. I came home all excited only to find out that the new one has 3 dead pixels!

It's really annoying when you spend over $800 on a brand new LCD display that has dead pixels!

I'm not sure if I take it back if they'll replace it for me.

Anyone else had any pixel problems with Apple Cinema displays? I'm 2 of 2 for getting dead pixels.

*** UPDATE ***
Well, I took the display back to the Apple Store this weekend and they kindly agreed to giving me a new one. This would be the third display. I had them open it at the store and checked it out before I took it home. No dead pixels!!! Yahoo!!!

I would also like to mention that they never charged me the 10% restocking fee.

Thanks to all who replied.

Kevin
xhead software
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

take it back! If they replaced it once they'll replace it again!
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

I don't have any cinema displays... but I have several LCD products from Apple and have been around alot of those displays.... I have yet to see a dead pixel. You seem to have bumped into a short streak of bad luck. Take that thing back.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
deadpixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsboy18
I don't have any cinema displays... but I have several LCD products from Apple and have been around alot of those displays.... I have yet to see a dead pixel. You seem to have bumped into a short streak of bad luck. Take that thing back.
I have 3 LCD displays from Apple: a 15'' iMac, a 12'' Powerbook, and a 14'' iBook. None of these have any dead pixels.

But for some reason, the 2 Cinema displays I got did have dead pixels. Go figure!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

My powerbook had a cluster of stuck pixels at one point, I massaged the area with a moist papertowel, dried it off and when I turned the computer back on it was fine.

no problems with the 17" iMac G5

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
rmhop81

rmhop81 is on a distinguished road

that's why u don't spend $800 when u can get the exact same panel from dell for only $400 haha
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

23" Apple HD LCD screen and ZERO BAD PIXELS.

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpixel
I bought a Apple 20'' Cinema display only to find out that it had a cluster of dead pixels.

I took it back to the Apple store and they were kind enough to give me a new one. I came home all excited only to find out that the new one has 3 dead pixels!

It's really annoying when you spend over $800 on a brand new LCD display that has dead pixels!

I'm not sure if I take it back if they'll replace it for me.

Anyone else had any pixel problems with Apple Cinema displays? I'm 2 of 2 for getting dead pixels.

Kevin
xhead software
its because of your name.. lol
QUOTE Thanks
italiano

Before I bought my 20" Imac - I made em hook it up just to check for the Pixel problems...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sympathy for my failing HD | What to Buy... »