New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple Wired Keyboard and Magic Mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Hello there,

I just bought an Apple wired keyboard earlier today and going to pick up a Magic Mouse tonight. I have an early 2008 MacBook Pro and the OS I use mainly is Windows XP through Boot Camp. The keyboard is pretty compatible with Windows and I've faced no issues with it so far. However, I've read the Magic Mouse has compatibility issues with Windows. Is that true? And if so, is there a solution for this?

Thank you very much.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I have both and they work fine in Windows XP from a Boot Camp partition. However, the Magic Mouse has a tendency to become dirty very quickly. That causes slow scrolling and stuttering. Also erratic movement. All in all I was very disappointed in the Magic Mouse and quit using it both in Windows and OS X. Maybe you'll have better luck.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Thank you for your reply. I bought the Magic Mouse and am very happy with it so far. Scrolling is smooth and fine. I installed Windows 7 and Boot Camp 3.1 and scrolling works. At first, scrolling only up and down worked, but I installed a driver and now it scrolls sideways as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bluetooth Aluminum Keyboard not Connecting to Windows 7 | hard drive question »