New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

External HD not recognized any more

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hehh1

hehh1 is on a distinguished road

Hi folks, hope anyone can help.
I have an external USB HD, 320Gb, I have it pn NTFS format and was working properly but today, after copying some files in my imac, i plugged it again on a macbook pro and it says it is not recognized and when the disk utility starts I tried to analize it but it says it needs repair but also the repair fails and says I need to backup and format it. I tried to plug it on a windows pc and it says it need to be formatted and even on a virtual machine (winXP) on my mac it says also it needs to be formatted. I do not what to do, I have tons of files on my disk and I can not even access it any more!
Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

This may work. PARAGON Software Group - NTFS for Mac, communication channel between Mac OS X and Windows
QUOTE Thanks
hehh1

hehh1 is on a distinguished road

Hi osxx
I have already paragon ntfs installed, the problem is the disk itself I guess.
Any thoughts
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook, plasma TV, and surround sound | All gear... No idea!! »