New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Automator auto click

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nba185

nba185 is on a distinguished road

thanks for this! worked for me. well explained.
QUOTE Thanks
PvM King

PvM King is on a distinguished road

Hey man, I've got the absolute solution for your autocicker, mind you that this clicks every second interval you choose, must be whole numbers though =[ Anyways, pre-downloaded into your Mac is a program called "applescript" When you type in this code displayed here:
Quote:
on idle
tell application "System Events"
key code 87
end tell
return 1
end idle
This code means that it will take over your mouse clicker and click at 1 second intervals, to change the speed of the interval change the "return 1" to "return (number here)"
There are some other things which you have to keep in mind though, go into your settings > universal access and turn mousekeys on, this stops you from typing, and secondly while in the same menu check the box which states "Allow assistive devices....etc" once done, save the applescript file as application format, name it whatever you want & check the box "stay open"

Now search in finder for your specified application name, place the mouse in the area where you wish it to click and you're off! A free, virus-safe, pre-downlaoded autoclicker in your computer! Have fun and ask me anything else I'LL ANSWER. I am actually A representative for Mac so I know alot about the technology, if this doesn't work I'll test it myself again and see what I left out, -King
QUOTE Thanks
iVanilla

iVanilla is on a distinguished road

Okay, im also new to automator and i found this this thread. I downloaded the autoclicker workflow McYukon attached. After opening it, i pressed record as you guys have mentioned and i clicked a button on Safari. Thats just what i want automator to do. So when i click run, nothing happens. The mouse moves to the middle of the screen and thats it. It wont click anything...
QUOTE Thanks
awliang

awliang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvM King View Post
Hey man, I've got the absolute solution for your autocicker, mind you that this clicks every second interval you choose, must be whole numbers though =[ Anyways, pre-downloaded into your Mac is a program called "applescript" When you type in this code displayed here:
This code means that it will take over your mouse clicker and click at 1 second intervals, to change the speed of the interval change the "return 1" to "return (number here)"
There are some other things which you have to keep in mind though, go into your settings > universal access and turn mousekeys on, this stops you from typing, and secondly while in the same menu check the box which states "Allow assistive devices....etc" once done, save the applescript file as application format, name it whatever you want & check the box "stay open"

Now search in finder for your specified application name, place the mouse in the area where you wish it to click and you're off! A free, virus-safe, pre-downlaoded autoclicker in your computer! Have fun and ask me anything else I'LL ANSWER. I am actually A representative for Mac so I know alot about the technology, if this doesn't work I'll test it myself again and see what I left out, -King

I messed up and didn't turn mouse keys on, how can I quit the application?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mini installs HP 4500 software but won't recognize hardware | Connecting Apple TV to Bose Lifestyle »