New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

magicJack

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DrSchoen

DrSchoen is on a distinguished road

I have two laptops; one a very new MacBook Pro and one a two-year-old MacBook Pro. I use magicJack on my newer laptop all the time, but when I try and use it on the older laptop (both running Snow Leopard) it will not work.

It seems to be logging in correctly (I am asked for my magicJack email address and password), but then it hangs on

"Starting, please wait..."

after a minute or so I receive the following message:

"Please connect to the Internet and double click here [error 20]"

Error 20 seems to come up (according to magicJack) when a firewall on the computer is blocking its communication, but I have not turned on any firewall software.

It's so odd that it works on one laptop and not the other when they are both Intel and running the same operating system. Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
DrSchoen

DrSchoen is on a distinguished road

Thanks for helping me put my question in the right place!
QUOTE Thanks
Rod007

Rod007 is on a distinguished road

I am sorry Where is was DrSchoen question on Error 20 MagicJack moved to?

I am also having problems connecting MagicJack to my Mac Book OS X 10.6.4

I also get:

I am new at this and I having problems navigating the search in this Forum.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The thread has already been moved to this forum. (Other Hardware.....) You posted to it by replying.

As far as what error 20 means and how to resolve it, that's something you need to ask the MagicJack support people.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If you've turned on the Mac's software firewall, turn it off.

If it's already off, check with the MagicJack people about what port on your router or modem needs to be opened for MJ to work, and then follow the instructions in the manual for your router or modem to open that port.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod007 View Post
I am sorry Where is was DrSchoen question on Error 20 MagicJack moved to?

I am also having problems connecting MagicJack to my Mac Book OS X 10.6.4

I also get:

I am new at this and I having problems navigating the search in this Forum.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
magicJack - Knowledgebase/FAQ

Now search for error 20, I could not link to the results of the search

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Freecom hard disk won't work | HELP!! - External Hard Drive Issue »