Mac Keyboard Question
    In regards to the wired Mac Keyboard, does it have a usb slot anywhere on it as I have seen a few pictures that seem to suggest it does, but cannot get a definite answer from Google.

It also annoys me that Apple do not have a full size wireless keyboard, but instead one that merely copies that of the Macbook Pro keyboard's layout.

Anyway, thanks for reading any help is greatly appreciated!

By the way, I am new to the Mac world as of yesterday, hence the distinct lack of knowledge haha.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

arh i cant believe i didnt check the go to source, im sorry for my sleep deprived waste of time thread. But thank you all the same

Specs:
    MacMini 4.1, OS 10.11 and 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.11, MacBook 4.1, OS 10.6.8
    Being "new to the Mac world", are you aware that MacOS X will accommodate non-Apple peripheral hardware, eg. a wireless keyboard, Logitech perhaps? There are numerous posts in most Mac forums about using alternative peripherals. If you have a particular liking for a PC-type keyboard or mouse, go ahead and use it! Wireless function works either through built-in airport, or an add-on wireless USB dongle.

The one item missing that I've found is a USB port on PC keyboards. There a a few minor keystroke adjustments to make as well.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7aylor View Post
    In regards to the wired Mac Keyboard, does it have a usb slot anywhere on it as I have seen a few pictures that seem to suggest it does, but cannot get a definite answer from Google.

It also annoys me that Apple do not have a full size wireless keyboard, but instead one that merely copies that of the Macbook Pro keyboard's layout.
    Apple doesn't have a wireless full sized keyboard but they do have a wired version. Only their compact keyboard is wireless and it doesn't have USB ports because the area where there is normally USB ports is used for the battery. They also have a wired compact version for those who are interested.

Hughvane is right that you can use just about any Windows keyboard on Macs if you like. Although it makes it harder for me as a touch typists to constantly go back and forth between two different keyboards which is probably why Apple chose to make their desktop keyboards similar to their laptops.

Thread Information