Thread: Magic Mouse

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
    Magic Mouse
    Ok so i have had my magic mouse for a while, it is perfect in every way up until a few days ago now it is acting up. i don't know what is wrong with it but it scrolls by itself randomly. i called apple and they don't know what is wrong with it. has anyone had this problem or am i the only one with the ghost in the machine?

this is driving me crazy b/c it will not let my iMac sleep it makes it wake up...as for now i turn the mouse off at night.
    Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini

Quote Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
    Ok so i have had my magic mouse for a while, it is perfect in every way up until a few days ago now it is acting up. i don't know what is wrong with it but it scrolls by itself randomly. i called apple and they don't know what is wrong with it. has anyone had this problem or am i the only one with the ghost in the machine?

this is driving me crazy b/c it will not let my iMac sleep it makes it wake up...as for now i turn the mouse off at night.
    Hi there,
    I know it sounds obvious, but in my experience, it's something that's sometimes overlooked when troubleshooting a problem like this, but have you checked the battery level of your MM? I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like the batteries (2xAAs) are on their way out and in need of replacing.

Check out this post that I made, a couple of months ago, detailing how you can show the battery status of BlueTooth devices in your menu bar.

Hope this info helps.
    Mid 2011 i5 2.5 GHz iMac 21.5"

Thread Information