New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple mouse and Keyboard works on my P4 Wintel.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Redbrick

Redbrick is on a distinguished road

Cool....I supposed I should've expected this since Steve annouced the big switch, and his secret experiments.

Anyways I just plugged in the white USB mouse and keyboard (the clear case version) in my desktop USB port and the devices were properly detected and I'm using them to type this now....and controllig my PC.

(Yes, I was bored since my Powerbook is in the shop) All functions on the keyboard seem to work as labeled except the 'option' key which replaces the 'alt' key, and the apple key is the 'windows' key. I have not tried the eject key yet. This is sweet. Of course, the mouse has no scroll or right mouse button...(like I said this was just for fun anyways and my 2 bit contribution to this site. Really though...why can't PC manufacturers put a bit more though into the design like Mac.)

I wonder if Steve is also secretly experimenting on human-brain interfaces..

:headphone
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Thats USB for ya, that keyboard will work on a PS2 also.
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Yeah... I discovered that a few years back goofing off at a studio I used to work at. Kinda fun... To be honest though I somewhat felt it was defiling to the Mac keyboard and mouse to have it touch a PC usb port.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
Swizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
Thats USB for ya, that keyboard will work on a PS2 also.
Hello there from Holland.

I want to use my Apple Keyboard on my PC (XP) with PS2, but it won't work.
If I plug it in a USB-Port it does work.
As I want to use my TFT Screen, Mouse and keyboard for both my iBook and my PC, I bought this KVM switch: http://www.sweex.nl/product.asp?pid=458
I try to use one of those (purple)adaptors USB to PS2, but nothing.

What do I do wrong?
I asked a Dutch Mac forum, but no results, so I wonder if this is gonna work. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

When he said PS2 he meant playstation 2. The KVM switch you bought is fine. You shouldn't need to use a USB to PS2 adapter since that switch has USB on it

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Swizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
When he said PS2 he meant playstation 2. The KVM switch you bought is fine. You shouldn't need to use a USB to PS2 adapter since that switch has USB on it
There are only two USB cables going out (in my case one to the PC and one to the iBook), but that is not the problem.
On the switch itself, I have to connect a screen, mouse (ps2) and a keyboard (ps2).
And there's the problem. My Apple keyboard has a USB cable, but that does not fit the switch. So I tried a usb-to-ps2 adapter, but it won't work.
It does work if I connect it directly with USB to my PC.

So what should I do? Do I need a driver or a different connector/adapter?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I think the issue has to do with the amount of power the apple keyboard needs. I don't think it can draw the power from the PS/2 port.

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Canon Pixma IP3000 | External DVD Burner PROB... »