New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Logitech Cordless Desktop S520 work on mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

funkdabeat

funkdabeat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2010 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 320M

Hi, im in the market for a wireless keyboard and mouse and the Logitech Cordless Desktop S520 fits my needs, but i cant seem to find if this works on mac? Specifically a 17" C2D 2.33GHz Macbook Pro

Also if anyone has this and a ps3 does it work on that too?

Thanks in advance, Funkdabeat

Hacking - Doing what the developers couldn't.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Logitech products works fine on Macs and here is the Logictech Comntrol Centre download:-

Apple - Downloads - Drivers - Logitech Control Center
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Harry - like the OP, I looked at a number of sites for that model in terms of Mac compatibility, and couldn't find a thing! It's a laser-controlled unit, as opposed to wireless, so I'd be very wary about buying it until I knew for sure there was associated hardware that the Mac will handle.

Laser depends very much upon line-of-sight, as do some wireless (radio) units, especially those relying on a USB dongle. If something is blocking the k'bd/mouse from whatever is receiving the signals, it's a no-go.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

One thing that kept bugging me when looking for an external keyboard was that I wanted 4 keys to the left of the space bar - just to use the fn key to control iTunes in the background but that only because I need the classic fkeys as fkeys and not function keys. The order of alt, ctrl doesn't matter since that can be easily remapped.

As far as compatibility goes, it's always better to try it out somewhere before actually buying it and computer stores usually have a wide range of keyboards for customers to try out. But I think you shouldn't have any compatibility issues, even though it's a usb "dongle" the communication protocol with the computer will be the same as with a wired keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« D-Link DIR-655 Router Special | Switching external hard drive from PC to Mac »