New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Recording My PS3/Xbox with Canopus ADVC-100

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jimRsams

jimRsams is on a distinguished road

Hey Mac users. This is my first post on Mac-Forum. I made this account just to ask this question - and replies will really be a help.

For Christmas, I got an Dynex HDTV. I also got a Canopus ADVC-100.
I've had my PS3 for 3 years and I wanted to make movies. Also, it's been my dream to be a premiere director for Machinima on Youtube. So. Heres whats going on.

This DYNEX tv i have is pretty weird. It only has like.. 5 different input/output things in the back. (Sorry for my "thingy" talk. I'm not really familiar with all of this technician type stuff) And I need something around the lines of "video output" or "Monitor Out" or something like that. and my friend said to get a Y-Cable with RCA Connector. and I needed 3 of them for each AV cable (red, white, and yellow.) So i just want to be sure what to get.

Today I went to radioshack they had absolutley no idea what I was talking about which is pretty sad considering it's an electronic store. And I found something but it turned out to be the wrong thing and I'm taking them back tomorrow. So could someone go to a website or if you've had recent experience, and find me the link of what you had / got. Help is appreciated. Thank you

-Jimmy.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with copying .mkv and pictures from Time Machine to Iomega eGo | airline charger »