New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Surround Sound Receiver?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MattReed

MattReed is on a distinguished road

I have a 2009 MacBook 2GHz and 2 KLH (model TW-08 sat) satellite speakers KLH TW08B Main / Stereo Speaker - Product details and features - DealTime.

I am wanting to play sound from my MacBook (playing a DVD) to these speakers but do not know what receiver I need to make sure the surround sound output from my mac gets translated correctly to these speakers.

I am looking for something cheap (probably under $100) as I am not too concerned with quality.

Thanks for any help you can send my way. My searches so far, yield conflicting results.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

So presumably you just want stereo sound, not full 5.1, as that is what surround sound is (at minimum).
That being the case, any receiver will do the job. You just need a 3mm stereo - 2 x phono out cable like this:

Fisual 3.5mm Jack To Phonos - 30cm Install Series Special - 3.5mm Jack - Phono Cables - Audiovisual Online - High Quality Audio Video Cables and Accessories

Connect to the Mac's line out, and into any of the inputs on the back of the receiver and you will be away.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dumb Question | External HDD read/write question! »