New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

iomega 1tb external drive not recognized

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kcarnes9051

kcarnes9051 is on a distinguished road

I have a fairly used 1 tb iomega external hard drive that I store photos on. They are partially backed up. I use it with my imac running osx 10.6.4, but it is no longer recognized. The drive doesn't show up on the desktop, in disk utility or when I restart and hold down option. The drive's blue light is on and it hums and vibrates as if the disk is spinning. I have tried restarting my computer, turning the drive on and off, using different usb cords, plugging into different usb ports and testing it on other machines. Under no circumstance is the drive recognized. I would like to recover the data that isn't backed up if possible. What are my options?
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Wow, not even in disk utility?
Recnetly a co-worker's drives have gone bad, and i was still able to see it in disk utility.

Maybe the connection interface inside the drive has malfunctioned.
Take the drive out and find a way to connect it to your computer.

Something like this will do it" Newer Technology Universal Drive Adapter -... (U2NV2SPATA) at OWC

Besides that i don't know what else to recommend. Hopefully some one else has a better answer.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help choosing caddy for dead macbook | AC Adapter piece and authorized dealer selling smuggled hardware »