New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Help with External Monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

inkoso

inkoso is on a distinguished road

Hey guys!
well i just received my HDMI to MD port cable in the mail and was stoked to start using 2 screens. I Have a 2009 unibody MBP 15.4 inch. Its got the 2.88 ghz processor, 4gb DDR3, and the two graphics cards. I am pluggin it into my 32" Dynex HDTV
So what happens is this:
I plug it into my computer, turn on the Tv, then it will work for about a minute or so. Both screens will then go Blue (not BSOD blue, but like mac blue i guess lol), then it goes back to normal, but only for a couple of seconds. It does this for a while, just going blue then redetecting or whatever. Then after it does that for a while, the monitor just goes to static, and stays there, with the occasional black screen flash.
I tried switching the video card to the higher powered one, and it still did it.

I am trying to figure out why it is doing this? it should have no problem just doing basic web browsing and stuff on the screen. Could it be the cable? i got it off monoprice.com, they are gold plated. and i am not using a converter, just a MD to a HDMI cord. Any help is really really appreciated, i would love to get this working ASAP
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple 17" LCD Studio Display for Shipping | Transferring files from External to Macbook Pro »