New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

pen input in pdf's?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

knordstr

knordstr is on a distinguished road

I wish to minimize printing papers (and the ensuing piles) in my research, as all relevant journal articles are anyway available as pdf-files. However,
I need to make plenty of handwritten notes (math symbols mainly), and would like to use a device with which I can directly add these notes into
a pdf-file the way I now write with a pencil on a printed version. I do have
Acrobat Pro which in principle allows this, but using the mouse as a writing device is not good. Any good digital pens that have a natural feeling of writing and would work with Macs? Even better, is there a tablet or similar on which I can do the writing (seeing exactly where I'm writing) and then transfer the annotated file to my Mac? Sorry if this topic has been already treated somewhere, but couldn't find. None of the "gurus" I know have been able to come up with a working solution.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Not sure exactly what would be economical for what you need although I understand what it is you're trying to do. I would normally recommend buying an iPad but I have no idea if you wish to spend that kind of money for the capability?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
knordstr

knordstr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Not sure exactly what would be economical for what you need although I understand what it is you're trying to do. I would normally recommend buying an iPad but I have no idea if you wish to spend that kind of money for the capability?

Regards.
So, are you saying that I could do the scribbling on the screen of the iPad
with the help of some pen-type device, then simply transfer the pdf-file back to my Mac, and I would have a pdf-file with notes on it?

Thanks and regards
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Looking at what you asked for in the original posting, I don't think the iPad will really do it for you. I am not sure if there is an app that will enable you to scribble on a PDF file.

With that being said, and if you are reading those PDFs on your Mac, I would suggest you look at this BAMBOO

That link takes you to the product page, if you click on the MORE ON PEN INPUT it has a pretty good video that shows how awesome it is. I think it should work perfectly in your case. It starts at $99 much cheaper than any tablet right now and Wacom makes awesome products.

I personally don't have one, I can't justify the money because I don't have real use for it, but if I had half an excuse I'd go buy.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

MMM
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A Multi-monitor noob. | Mac pro RAM-memory problems in bootcamp »