New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Western Digital warranty

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Had one out of two 1.5 TB WD Green drives I bought a few months ago die on me after about 1 month.

Thought it was going to be a pain to get it replaced, so I went ahead and got one of the 1 TB Black drives to throw in my HTPC.

Finally, went to WD's site on Sunday. Just put in the serial number. They had a box to fill out what was wrong with it. All I put in there, was "It died".

Got my replacement drive in the mail today. So now my server is up to 4.5 TB. yahoo.

Thumbs up WD!!!

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Congrats Bob! Wow only one month after buying the drives & one goes bad!!! Are you saying that the drive went bad after 1 month...and then you procrastinated for 2 additional months before contacting WD?...kind of sounds like me putting things off!!!

Did you fill out any warranty or registration paperwork after purchasing the drives? Cause you know how many of us are...get the goodies, install them, play with them...and forget about the instructions & warranty stuff!

Did you have to send WD the bad drive...or did they just send you the new one?

Congrats again,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Didn't fill out anything to register it. Never do. Use to. I just flat out buy too much stuff and don't see that every company in the world needs to know who I am, where I live, what my phone number is, how much money I make, how old I am or anything else just because I bought one of their products.

Bought those 2 off Amazon - think they were a couple bucks cheaper and free shipping at the time instead of newegg. didn't have to show a receipt or anything. Just pulled up the serial in their data base and it had the expiration date of the warranty and that was it. Yeah, I waited a couple months, it mighta been more like 4 months , after it died. Still have to send them the bad drive within 30 days. See if I can wait till day 29 to send it off.

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Didn't fill out anything to register it. Never do. Use to. I just flat out buy too much stuff and don't see that every company in the world needs to know who I am, where I live, what my phone number is, how much money I make, how old I am or anything else just because I bought one of their products.
I hear ya regarding the personal info! Don't you just HATE it when you go to a store, and when your checking out...they ask for your zip code...and many times don't even say please!!!

I just say no!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
... Don't you just HATE it when you go to a store, and when your checking out...they ask for your zip code...and many times don't even say please!!!

I just say no!

- Nick
Only after I frown at them for about 5 seconds and they don't get it.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« EPSON NX200, problems with network printing. | WD external hardrive won't mount »