New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

HP 1200 printing very slowly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bison

Bison is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased a Mac OS X (version 10.6.3). I have an HP 1200 printer, which worked perfectly fine with my PC. With the Mac, .pdf documents are printing very slowly. It takes minutes for each page to print black and white copies.

I have been to the HP site and downloaded the latest driver for this printer.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Why is my new Mac incompatible with my printer?

Thanks to anyone who knows what's going on.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
I recently purchased a Mac OS X (version 10.6.3). I have an HP 1200 printer, which worked perfectly fine with my PC. With the Mac, .pdf documents are printing very slowly. It takes minutes for each page to print black and white copies.

I have been to the HP site and downloaded the latest driver for this printer.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Why is my new Mac incompatible with my printer?

Thanks to anyone who knows what's going on.
I have a Mac Pro running OS 10.6 connected to an HP 1200 laser printer. I have never had a problem with this setup whether the computer connected to the HP 1200 was running OS 10.4, 10.5, or 10.6.

It has always taken longer to print .pdf documents on my HP 1200....than say internet web page info, MS Word docs, MS Excel docs, etc. And the more complex the .pdf...then longer it takes.

Maybe it's just a "Mac Thing".

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

My HP Laser printer likewise prints PDF slowly compared to ordinary documents. However, changing the resolution setting (if available) will speed it up somewhat. Try printing in Draft, or 300 DPI. I've noticed most PDF documents seem to default to fine quality print.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
vjmceo

vjmceo is on a distinguished road

I had an issue with my iMac printing VERY slow and found the solution so I thought I'd put it up in case anyone else has the same problem. I have an iMac and I'm running Lion.

Open System Preferences (gear looking icon on the bottom of most screens)
then click the following:
-print and scan
-options and supplies
-driver
-In the drop down box next to "print using" select "select printer software"
-Select HP Laserjet Gutenprint V5.2.3 (or whatever printer you're using, try the driver with Gutenprint next to it).

This solved my problem so hopefully this helps someone else.

Vince
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes and rented movie playback | Upgrading 2011 MBP to make it faster »