New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

airport extreme card in Macpro 1.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

theo barten

theo barten is on a distinguished road

I recently installed an airport extreme card in mij Macpro 1.1 (2.66 Ghz). Card is not reckognised. There are two connection possiblities and three cables to connect from the Mac, but without correct connection instructions I do not know which to choosse. Anyone? (info@theobarten.nl)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Two of those wires are for the antenna. One is for Blue Tooth. Anyway, see this LINK about installing the card.

There are also some other articles pertaining to installing the card which can be found through a Google search.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
theo barten

thanx chscag for the advice, but the points on the card are not numbered. Changing the leads also does not work. What to do?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read through all the comments on the link I gave you in my first reply? Below the installation diagram there's a page full of user comments which can be helpful. It appears most had to experiment quite a bit in order to get the wires attached properly. Also, make sure you have the correct card for your model Mac Pro.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
theo barten

wow, there you said something. I bought the card from an authorized dealer and they said: there is only ONE model. To be more specific; the package of the card reads:: MB988ZM/A Airport extreme upgrade kit for Mac Pro.
My Mac Pro 1.1 has serial number CK7111AQXZS and runs on 10.4.11

Did I get the wrong card?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

All the info and research on this card that I've been able to do (and find) indicates that it's compatible with the Mac Pro 2009 model only.

See the following LINK and note what the specs say at the bottom....

It's really unclear whether this card will work with your Mac Pro. But since you've tried all the various wiring combinations and it still doesn't work, I'm beginning to suspect that it may be the wrong card.

We have a fellow who is a regular in this forum and is very knowledgeable on Mac Pro models. Perhaps he can advise you on which card to buy. Look for "Pigoo" (Nick). You might wish to PM him and ask.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Option Key Windows BOOT time | WD Hard Drive won't reformat/not recognized »