Thread: Safari crash

Safari crash
    My Safari browser works fine on most things. But in places where I need to fill in a response to a question on a web site (eg: the title line for these forums) I don't get beyond the first letter and the browser crashes - the little rainbow wheel pops up. Only force quit will get rid of it. Needless to say this query is being typed on a different machine! It is not only the Apple forum site that my Safari crashes on, but others as well. I'm recently using Snow Leopard, version 10.6.3. Can anyone help please!

Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.11 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    A Safari javascript problem I suspect, but it's usually reliable for that.

Secondly, what are the Security settings in Prefs? Make sure that java and javascript are enabled.

Last, what are your cookie settings for the sites where you wish to fill in text fields?

Meantime, you might want to try a different browser, eg. Opera, which is popular, and deals with javascript very well.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Ah if only it were that simple!
    Java and Javascript both enabled. And set is to accept cookies only from a site I enter - such as this one. Tried again on the Mac. The browser crashed on the 'h' of 'Ah' in the Subject Line. Any other insights I might try other than changing browsers?

Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.11 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Resetting Safari is about all I can suggest, or trashing Safari prefs, even a reinstall of the application.

If you choose the last option, get rid of ALL Safari files, using a third-party application cleaner such as AppCleaner, AppZapper or CleanApp. Any one of those will dig out the innermost workings of Safari and enable you to send everything to Trash.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Firefox web browser | International versions: Get Firefox in your language

Give Firefox v.3.6 a try and you just select your language and OS. Even choice for US or British English versions.

Firefox it is
    I used to use Firefox on a PC and it is a good programme. As you say its probably the best and easiest solution. Thanks gents. Now if I can sort out the Magic Mouse (see other thread). Following the same thinking, scrap the mouse and find another one? Not as simple with a $100 investment in the mouse.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I have renamed the "Magic Mouse" to "Miserable Mouse". Need I say more?
    Put the thing in your desk somewhere and forget about it. Buy a nice inexpensive Logitech or even (gasp) a Microsoft Mouse. Both will perform better.

Regards.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Funny I have never had one issue with either of my Magic Mice.

Thread Information