New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Snow Leopard & Tiger network printing problem - Windows fine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sherinaf

sherinaf is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 10.6.2 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Hi, I hope this is the right place and have searched for a solution to no avail.

My office's LAN network consists of two iMacs (mine is Snow Leopard which I just upgraded to from Tiger, the other is still Tiger) and two PCs.

I can print easily from my machine to our HP Color LaserJet 5550. I have also succeeded in enabling the PCs to print to this printer via CUPS.

As for the other Tiger, it can't print at all. It does not detect the HP at all when I open up System Preferences. Even when I manually enter my IP, it doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to solve this; how can I get the Tiger to detect my printer? Why doesn't it detect it automatically like before, when my machine still used Tiger?? I really appreciate any help I can get what makes it worse is the Tiger is my bosses' machine and I don't want to seem incompetent (like he is). Thanks!

Edit: File sharing is okay between the two Macs. It's just the printer that doesn't show up.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook External Display | Time Capsule dies, Apple to offer me a new one for free, but no help with data xfer »