New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Cannot print on windows xp shared printer after 10.6.3 update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MarcGabe

MarcGabe is on a distinguished road

Hello,

After running the latest 10.6.3 update on my MBP I am not able to print using a shared hp LaserJet 1300 on a Windows XP PC. I tried deleting and adding the printer with different drivers with no luck. The strange thing is I can actually configure the printer (see screen-shots) however when trying to print nothing happens. All other Windows PC on the same network print just fine.

Any ideas how to solve this issue? It is really frustrating to have to connect the printer directly to my MBP in order to print

Thanks!

Marc
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

As a suggestion, trash the HP software on thye PC, and install again from the DVD, and see if it is possible to select the printer after that. Lexmark have had similar problems when OS has been updated from Panther through to Leopard. As a suggestion do not multiple post your thread.
QUOTE Thanks
MarcGabe

MarcGabe is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I did try deleting and installing the original drivers getting the same results.
QUOTE Thanks
LastZion

LastZion is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS

I am having the same problem, are there any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

The bottom right hand screen shot has no printer selected it will have to be added.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scanner Recommendations | Optical drive issues »