New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Problem copying files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LouderIsBetter

LouderIsBetter is on a distinguished road

My WD Passport drive has my iTunes content on it. It's formatted as case-sensitive, whereas my internal hard drive is just journaled. Every time I try to copy the iTunes folder, I get the following error message:

"You can’t copy “iTunes” because it has the same name as another item on the destination volume, and that volume doesn’t distinguish between upper- and lowercase letters in filenames."

Is there anyway for me to get my music back on to my internal hard drive? I can't do anything like reformat the drive, because I'd lose my music.

Help, please!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Why not just drag the songs/albums in from their folders, not copy the iTunes folder? This will add them to the iTunes library on your main HD, so long as you have the default import folder set as that in preferences.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
LouderIsBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Why not just drag the songs/albums in from their folders, not copy the iTunes folder? This will add them to the iTunes library on your main HD, so long as you have the default import folder set as that in preferences.
That would probably work, and if it came to the fact that I needed to resort to that, then so be it. I just can't help but think that there must be an easier way. I have over 3,000 songs and moving them, or their album folders, separately would take a significant amount of time, and a significant toll on my mental health, haha.
QUOTE Thanks
LouderIsBetter

Is there any way that I can transfer all of my media from my iPhone to the hard drive, like in reverse?

I figure that since everything I want is already on my phone, than I could just delete all the music on both the internal drive and the external drive that's formatted differently. That way it can all transfer back to the same spot at the same time, problem solved! IF that works, of course.

Any help? Programs? Walkthrough? Better ideas (lol)? Any help at all is very appreciated!

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« e-readers. | Mouse goes crazy »