New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple BT keyboard connection woes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Roddzilla

Roddzilla is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 core Mac Pro, 27" i7 Imac, 24" i5 iMac, 4 new Mac Minis, new 15" MBP,new 13" MBP, iphone 3G

First time poster here... I did search, but may have missed something -- So go easy on me!

Anyway, I have several macs at home and a bunch more at work. I have only experienced this problem twice in the last year so my track record is pretty good. However, I don't use that many Apple BT keyboards (2 actually, and both have had this problem).

The last BT keyboard problem was a year ago, I took it to the Apple store and exchanged it.

Now, the newest of my Apple wireless keyboards suddenly started experiencing connection problems after it had worked flawlessly for a month. It came with a new i7 iMac and has only ever been paired with this Mac. This iMac may be within about 40 feet of 3 other Macs in the house with BT, the rest are beyond BT range. **none** of the other 9 Macs in the house are using a BT keyboard, several are using BT magic mice.

The symptoms: When I power up the iMac it can't find the keyboard. While OSX is on the login screen searching for a keyboard, I have to toggle the power switch a BUNCH of times before the OS pairs with the keyboard. Sometimes I have to type in the pairing key sequence, sometimes it just pairs under the old settings. I do not want to use one of my spare USB keyboards. Before I take this one back, I thought I would find a popular forum and see if someone can shed light on this dilemma.

Details: Yes, it has brand new batteries. No, it hasn't been dropped. The **only** things added to the home in the last month are three 24" LED Apple monitors (about 30 feet away from this keyboard), Bose companion 5 speakers (within 3 feet of the keyboard and connected to the i7 iMac), and a set of Bose companion 2's to a mac that's upstairs and out of range.

Does this one need to go back also? Or, is there some issue with these BT keyboards that I am not aware of?

Thanks for the assist,

DR
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 6Pin Male Firewire to 6Pin Male Firewire | Hard drive can't be read since upgrade to Leopard »