New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

How do I pair a white wireless keyboard to a Mini?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,

I've just purchased a white wireless keyboard off of a seller on amazon, to use with my late '09 Mini.
The keyboard (as far as I can tell) is not coming with any of the original software disks and I've checked apple's site for the relevant software, but found nothing.

I'm assuming that the software's included in the OS? I take it that I'd need to do a software update, once the keyboard's paired?

Can someone point me to a how-to to pair the keyboard to the Mini.

Thanks in advance.

Mid 2011 i5 2.5 GHz iMac 21.5"
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Providing you have the right wireless network facilities in place, the keyboard should just work. I'm assuming it's an Apple wireless - right? It uses bluetooth technology (so I read), and according to Mactracker, it's built-in to your Mini.

In respect of the MacOS, in systems previous to SLpd, there is a 'recognition' process, pressing key combinations to make the OS match the keystrokes with what's in the system. That may be all you need to do.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Hi Hugh,
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, the keyboard is the white bluetooth (4xAA battery, G5 era, I think) model and I have BT built in to the Mini, so no problems there.
The reason I posted, is because the vendor on amazon said it didn't include the application CD (I'm guessing that when this was new, it required some drivers, which would be outdated nowadays, anyway)

I found out how to pair bluetooth devices, using system prefs > bluetooth; it seems relatively simple and I've managed to pair my Samsung Tocco to the mini as a test.

Thanks for your input.

Mid 2011 i5 2.5 GHz iMac 21.5"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HDD partition problem | Apple Remote Compatibility »