New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

mighty mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eisblitz

eisblitz is on a distinguished road

this is possibly software or hardware, don't know which. I replaced an older mouse on my G4 mirrioured drive bay PC with the mighty mouse and silver keyboard purchased a few days ago from the Apple store *cringe*. I connected the mouse and keyboard and they setup essentially flawlessly. Now I have a few things going on with the mouse that are really bothering me.

For no reason even when typing this, the screen resizes and keeps going in and out of focus where the background gets dark then light. Can't type when it's dark. Second, everytime I load a website or new page sort of like going from URL to URL, a blue screen comes up saying that I'm on "X" screen or site. Third, secondary mouse button doesn't work like a standard right click on a Windows PC, even though it's set as that an active, it still pretends like it only has one button.

I'm running OS 10.5 and this is a USB mouse and keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The "focus, then dark then light" thing is expose. By default on a mighty mouse, squeezing the sides of the mouse (the two little gray "buttons" on each side) activate expose. The "blue screen with name" thing is also part of that.

Also by default, the mouse will defer to "old" Mac mouse behaviour, no right click.

The solution is to open system preferences, go to "mouse and keyboard" and adjust these things to where you'd like them to be.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Edit: Chas beat me by seconds.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

And chas takes the gold in speed typing!!

And the crowd goes wild!!!

:d
QUOTE Thanks
eisblitz

Edited the expose' feature so that it stops with the screen switching colours and driving me mad, but I can't get the alt (right) mouse button to act as a secondary even though it's selected to be so.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

You have to raise your left finger. The Mighty Mouse, now called Apple Mouse, is pressure sensitive. If it feels your finger on the left side, it's a standard click, not a secondary button.
QUOTE Thanks
eisblitz

I must not be doing something right because I take all my fingers off and press on the right side of the mouse even with one finger it still does the left click. As well I've found another irritant. Now as I type anything, the vertical scroll indicatour appears and I can't type anything, I move the mouse 1px and it goes away but quickly reappears disabling my keyboard. I unplugged the mouse to type this, there has to be some sort of solution because I'm not going to keep unplugging my mouse, I'll just return it and get something else if it doesn't work, or a replacement.

Yeh, I'm still new to Apple stuff.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FW 400 ext hd keeps unmounting | low quality picture with Samsung LCD connected to Macbook Pro »