New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Printer Woes! Please Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Yankel

Yankel is on a distinguished road

I just bought a Mac Mini. This Mac is connected via a wire to a router. The router is also connected via cable to a PC that my secretary uses. The PC is connected to a Panasonic printer (DP-150FX). She prints from the PC using that printer. Before I got my Mini I was using a PC and I had entered some IP address (a long time ago) and I was able to print from my PC. Now that I have the Mini instead of the PC I am not able to print. I called Apple Care and they informed me that there is no Mac driver for that printer. I tried using the 2 generic drivers that the system comes with but it didn't work.
Is there any way possible creative solution to allow me to print from my Mini?
Please help!
Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

It would have to be a postscript printer or one that can use opensource drivers, other wise no drivers, no print.(GDI Print Driver for UF-490/790/890/990, DP-135/150, DP-1810/2010 and DP-2000/2500/3000, compatible with Windows 9x/Me/NT4/2000/XP.) You would have to use a PC as a printer server or run windows on the Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Yankel

Yankel is on a distinguished road

How would I use the PC as a printer server?
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

There is some guidance here ....
How to Use a Printer Attached to a Windows XP Computer in Mac OS X

I haven't tried this myself, and I hope it helps.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« NEED HELP! How can I back up ext hdd? | FW 400 ext hd keeps unmounting »