New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

help if you could

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

10 ft man

10 ft man is on a distinguished road

Firstly i would like to say hi, i have been using macs for a few years now and have come across a problem. I have purchased a flashdrive for my car stereo, i originally used a pc to transfer music across to it ( was a gf and its all they have ). It was working fine but then decided to come up with the message there are no files, i then formatted it using disk utilities on the mac. Now when i put the flashdrive in a windows machine it will not recognise that it is there, it does 'bong' buts thats it. Can anyone shed any light on why this happens.

thanks matt
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

What format did you format the drive in? I believe it should be formated in FAT-32 which both Windows & OS X can read/write.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

+1 for making sure you've formatted it into FAT32 and not Mac OS X Journaled or something..Windows will not recognize that..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Let's laugh. Mac OS X will read Windows' formats, but Windows can only read Windows' formats! Ha ha ha!
QUOTE Thanks
10 ft man

10 ft man is on a distinguished road

Well thank you all for your help i will look into this, got to love windows for not wanting to play
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum. Not a comment or suggestion about the forum.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP as Monitor | Help needed - Qubz external DVD writer and Macbook »