New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple Magic Mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Vash108

Vash108 is on a distinguished road

New to the Mac world and just got my first MBP. I wanted to get some opinions on Mice and the Magic Mouse itself.

First I like to do a little gaming every now and then on my laptops and I wanted to see how this mouse holds up to other gaming type mice such as logitech devices.

But mostly my notebook will be for work and school.

Plus it looks like a fun mouse to use and get used to.

Edit: Oops, guess I should have posted this in the Mouse thread?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Just got a new 27" iMac and it came with the wireless keyboard and magic mouse. I'd used the Magic Mouse a little bit at the Apple Store and it felt good, after using it for some hours yesterday, it feels completely natural and nice. The scrolling is great..and if you intend to use it as a single or 2 button mouse..it works fine..it's the middle button functionality that's a little touchy for me right now..

Haven't been a PC gamer for a long time, so I can't tell you how well this compares to other mice out there..XBOX FTW..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Vash108

Vash108 is on a distinguished road

I will have to test it out.

The one thing that I like is the lack of a USB transmitter.

I do like console games but I am a PC gamer at heart and have been on for the longest time. Nothing beats playing an FPS with a Keyboard and Mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
Roiphe

Roiphe is on a distinguished road

I have the same and additional problems with MM. I understand that there are new versions of the software that fix these problems. I have downloaded the "latest" upgrade I could find (Version: 1.0. Post Date: October 27, 2009. Download IDL951.File Size: 36.22MB), but when I open it it tells me that there is a newer upgrade and it refuses to instal. Can someone tell me how to find the latest version of this software? I have installed the latest upgrades from Mac's Software Update but it wasn't among them. I stopped using MM shortly I got my new Mac because it kept freezing, and am now using Logitech, but I hate to waste my money, so I'd like to give it another try.
Thanks for help.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Since you didn't bother to mention what Mac and what OS version you're running, it's very hard to say what the problem is. Snow Leopard has the drivers for MM built right in, so there's no need for a driver.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Broken fan blade | External SATA to USB Hard Drive Enclosure »