New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Connecting your Mac to your TV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johncody

johncody is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have my MBP mini displayport sucessfully connect to my TV hdmi passing through both video and audio when i have the laptop open. When i close the screen the video continues to display on the TV but I lose the audio. Is there any way to pass both video and audio to the TV whilst the laptop is closed??

Thanks,

JC
QUOTE Thanks
Michael1974

Michael1974 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have the following Macbook Pro 7,1, Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 and I am trying to connect it to a Samsung UA-32EH4500 LED for both audio and video purposes and am wondering what cable/s I would require.

The link to the TV specs UA32EH4500 32" Series 4 Direct LED TV - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNGNew Zealand

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
marigroh

marigroh is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I purchased a HDMI cable (HDMI Mini DisplayPort 1.1a input and HDMI 1.3b output, video resolution 1080p) and connected both laptop and TV. Works great (video/audio), except that the audio has a bit of a delay. Called TV company and they recommended switching to an RGB cable instead of HDMI.

Any recommendation on what to do would be great..

Computer: 2009, MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz
TV: Hitachi L42S504 (Hitachi L42S504 | Owners Guide)
I'd like the sound to come out of my 5.1 A/V receiver

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
TedPetersen

TedPetersen is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have a 2007 Macbook 2.0. I want to connect it to a Philips TV model 27PT543S, which is just a standard TV with component inputs. I have a mini-DVI to s-video/component adapter. When connected, the Macbook reads the TV as a display, but I can't find the proper resolution. At some resolutions, I can see the image of my computer screen in the TV, but it is vibrating and moving across the TV. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
accesorio

accesorio is on a distinguished road

Hi

I bought a screen for my laptop, which is running with osx 10.5.8., and almost always it detects nothing. I am getting mad with it, looking for solutions and i found nothing, only some blogs full of people with the same problem.

Does anybody know how it could be solved?

Thanks a lot
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

We're going to need a bit more specifics here. Which make and model screen? Which Mac laptop is involved? There are several capable of running 10.5.8 and I think there are different video connectors on some models.

If you need help finding this information please post back

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
GhettoZillas

GhettoZillas is on a distinguished road

May be a dumb question... I am able to hook up my iMac to this TV without issue and I know how to transmit the sound. My question: Is there a way for the TV to act as the ONLY monitor without having to "mirror" the screen on both the imac and the TV? Hope this is a clear question. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

The closest thing I am aware of almost does that. While you have the TV connected to the Mac open the Displays preference pane. Go to the Arrangement section and uncheck the "Mirror Displays"option

Before you leave this pane drag the small white bar representing the menu bar from the square representing the computer to the square representing the TV.

From now on programs will open on the TV unless you move them to the computer screen. The computer screen will continue to show a desktop image though rather than go blank.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
raene

raene is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I have a 2012 MacBook Air 1.8 running OS X 10.8 Lion, and the LG 42LD550 TV.

I tried connecting the two via a mini display port to hdmi adapter + hdmi cable. When I connect and go to the correct input on the TV, the input becomes available to select. I select it, it tries to connect, but still shows no signal. The MacBook starts blinking blue.

When I go to System Preferences --> Displays, there are no other devices detected. I'm not sure what is wrong - I've tried replugging the cables already. Could somebody please help? Would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Sharon
QUOTE Thanks
tomreteng

tomreteng is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMaci3, Macbook Pro, iPad Air

Hi, just like everyone else I want to connect my macbook to my tv. I have everything I need, and I actually have an image so my question is very specific. My macbook will only output 800 X 600 and upwards and my tv won't take it (S-Video). What I get is a double image on the tv. Apple support says that I can't do anything about it although the official specs say that I can do 640 x 480. So, how do I force my intel 4000 to display that resolution? I did manage to make the macbook work on clamshell and allow much higher res but not lower. The other option is to make my Sony Triniton allow 800 x 600 but I can't do that.

macbook pro
13/inch mid 2012
2.5 GHz intel core i5
Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
Mac OS Lion 10.7.4

Sony Triniton 32
KV-32s42
http://www.usersmanualguide.com/sony...other/kv-32s42

Thank you very much,
Tom Ray
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

tomreteng:

Please see Post # 7 in this thread. If you are not using a "converter", it will not work. Adapters alone will not work.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
zjacoby

zjacoby is on a distinguished road

I have a 13 MBP - with a mini-display port. Bought the laptop from a friend. Do I have to get a mini-display port cable or can I just go with a thunderbolt cable (better prepared for the future)? Do they even sell mini-display cable's anymore? Thoughts?

Thanks
-Zak
QUOTE Thanks
oh-dannah

oh-dannah is on a distinguished road

I've got an early 08 Macbook Pro (this one) and am looking to connect it to my HDTV (it's an LG42LH3000, the manual can be had here). Before I buy any cables I just wanted to check what I need. As far as I can tell I just need a DVI to HDMI cable and a jack to rca for audio, would I be right in thinking this?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

oh-dannah

DVI to HDMI must use HDMI/DVI In - port # 1
You will not use an RCA cable - you will use a stereo mini-plug cable (3.5mm) and must use the port indicated in the diagram below

From pg 16 of the owners manual available at the link you provided.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
ycl1688

ycl1688 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010

oh-dannah

what osx are you running ? Lion will be okay, I doubt with ML.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« audio breaking up | I'm a klutz! »