New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

What so you think of 3rd party online sellers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

uRabbit

uRabbit is on a distinguished road

The only physical stores around here that sell Apple are Best Buy and MacLife (not the magazine), and neither sell older models, new or used/refurbished. So I am looking elsewhere. Trying eBay and google. Google comes up with GainSaver and TechRestore mostly.

What do you guys think of either of these?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRabbit View Post
The only physical stores around here that sell Apple are Best Buy and MacLife (not the magazine), and neither sell older models, new or used/refurbished. So I am looking elsewhere. Trying eBay and google. Google comes up with GainSaver and TechRestore mostly.

What do you guys think of either of these?
If you're looking for a new or refurbished computer...why not order directly from Apple.com?

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
uRabbit

I'm exploring more affordable options. And Apple does not list any 2.26 LED MacBooks on their refurbished page yet. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a MacBook on there.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I'd stay away from eBay if you're looking for an inexpensive used MacBook. It's very easy to get swindled on eBay by a dishonest seller - and as much as eBay brags about their buyer protection through PayPal and so forth, you would be hard pressed to get a refund.

You can try Craig's list but a warning there also... Unless the seller is local to you and is able to meet with you to demonstrate the worthiness of the machine, don't buy it.

My advice: Save your money, buy a new machine from Best Buy or MacLife. Or, if possible a refurbished machine from Apple.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
uRabbit

Ya, my thoughts exactly. I have some time. And I'm trying to sell my gaming PC. So we shall see how it all goes.

Only thing is, I won't be coming into money real soon, except what I get for my computer.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRabbit View Post
I'm exploring more affordable options. And Apple does not list any 2.26 LED MacBooks on their refurbished page yet. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a MacBook on there.
Yeah...since Apple is currently only selling 1 MacBook model (everything else is a MacBook Pro)...they don't show up too much in the refurbished section.

I think that the last time I saw one it was like $849. Keep looking...maybe you'll get lucky!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Im giving away all my secret locations...look here.
Parts and service for iBooks, and all Mac Powerbooks
QUOTE Thanks
Griggs2121

Griggs2121 is on a distinguished road

Mac SK, thats a really interesting website. The stuff seems a bit overpriced though...
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

TechRestore are good people in my experience. I would buy with confidence from them.

Ebay and Craigslist are too full of scammers for my liking anymore.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griggs2121 View Post
Mac SK, thats a really interesting website. The stuff seems a bit overpriced though...
I agree...As Im a bottom fisher but I can fix things...Look here.
eBay Store ? Bargain Computer Products: Search results for apple.
QUOTE Thanks
uRabbit

Nice find!

Apple MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Aluminum [Sold]
Apple iPhone 3GS White 16GB [June 10, 2009]
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac SK View Post
I agree...As Im a bottom fisher but I can fix things...Look here.
eBay Store ? Bargain Computer Products: Search results for apple.
I was searching thru the seller's items...they want $13.33 shipping for an Airport card...pretty STEEP shipping charge!!!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I was searching thru the seller's items...they want $13.33 shipping for an Airport card...pretty STEEP shipping charge!!!

- Nick

Its all about shipping with you !

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
Its all about shipping with you !

Clay
Darn right...sometimes it's all about the shipping!

QUOTE Thanks
uRabbit

Shipping (and tax in retail situations) does sometimes add an unaccounted for expense.

So Boise, ID (where I live) is getting an Apple Store! We're only the 42nd state to get one... Haha!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scanning problem | data from harddrive »