New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

BT mouse recommendations please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Hi all,
On Monday, I got my Mac Mini and while I was there, I trialled the Magic mouse and found it was a little too flat for my tastes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative mouse, please? At the moment, I'm using a bog-standard USB wired mouse, but the USB cable keeps getting snagged and annoying the heck out of me.

A friend mentioned the Logitech V470 and it has fairly good reviews at amazon, but I thought I'd ask your advice, as well.

Thanks in advance.

Mid 2011 i5 2.5 GHz iMac 21.5"
QUOTE Thanks
Emptee

Emptee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB

It's not bluetooth but is supplied with a usb wireless receiver. This is my only personal recommendation. Logitech MX Revolution I'm personally selling my Mighty Mouse once I pick one of these guys up.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptee View Post
It's not bluetooth but is supplied with a usb wireless receiver. This is my only personal recommendation. Logitech MX Revolution I'm personally selling my Mighty Mouse once I pick one of these guys up.
I love Logitech mice. The Revolution looks a bit large for my smaller hands but I am sure it's an excellent mouse. If someone needs a slightly smaller mouse, the Logitech M555b or the V470 are both Bluetooth mice and also quite good. Not as many buttons as the Revolution though.

Our own CWA here on the forums owns a M555b and loves it. Prefers it to the V470.
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

I'm a huge fan of the Magic Mouse. Great app to go with it to give it great customization is MagicPrefs.

Been using mine for 2 months. Wow, I feel I've had my MBP longer. LOL, how did I ever survive without it before? LOL!

Good luck on the mouse hunt.
QUOTE Thanks
didymus

didymus will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Apple can't design peripheral devices that are ergonomic - sad, but a fact - they all look pretty but are ergonomic disasters (like their keyboards) - if you use the mouse a lot, go for the best wireless mouse you can afford, which feels good when you use it - I use a Logitech wireless mouse that I used to use with my PC and it is fine - much better than any Apple mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptee View Post
Hi Emptee,
I used to own a MX Revolution, about 3-4 years ago and I admit, they are nice mice, but ideally, I don't want to add any more USB devices/leads, as I'm trying for the uncluttered look. I have on-board BT on the Mini, so I might as well take advantage of that.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I love Logitech mice. The Revolution looks a bit large for my smaller hands but I am sure it's an excellent mouse. If someone needs a slightly smaller mouse, the Logitech M555b or the V470 are both Bluetooth mice and also quite good. Not as many buttons as the Revolution though.

Our own CWA here on the forums owns a M555b and loves it. Prefers it to the V470.
Hi dtravis7,
Thanks for the link to the M555b. I'll ask my good friend Mr. Google if there are any reviews on it.
One thing I don't like about it, though is the scroll wheel - I think the one on the V470 looks sturdier.

QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbinva View Post
I'm a huge fan of the Magic Mouse. Great app to go with it to give it great customization is MagicPrefs.

Been using mine for 2 months. Wow, I feel I've had my MBP longer. LOL, how did I ever survive without it before? LOL!

Good luck on the mouse hunt.
Hi mtbinva,
Thanks for your suggestion, but as I said in my top post, I already tried the Magic Mouse, when I was in store and I found that it was too flat for me to hold comfortably and work with for any length of time.

QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by didymus View Post
Apple can't design peripheral devices that are ergonomic - sad, but a fact - they all look pretty but are ergonomic disasters (like their keyboards) - if you use the mouse a lot, go for the best wireless mouse you can afford, which feels good when you use it - I use a Logitech wireless mouse that I used to use with my PC and it is fine - much better than any Apple mouse.
Hi didymus,
Yes, I totally agree that Apple's ergonomic design leaves a lot to be desired.
Let's face it, Apple's all about UI and prettiness. In fact, I'm still waiting for Apple to use the name "iCandy" for one of their pretty products! LOL

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
Hi dtravis7,
Thanks for the link to the M555b. I'll ask my good friend Mr. Google if there are any reviews on it.
One thing I don't like about it, though is the scroll wheel - I think the one on the V470 looks sturdier.
You can see my review here:

Mac-Forums Blog ObjectUncategorized Review: Logitech m555b Bluetooth Mouse

The scroll wheel has two modes, frictionless and the standard "clicky" type. As far as sturdiness goes, it's been very resilient for me.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
You can see my review here:

Mac-Forums Blog ObjectUncategorized Review: Logitech m555b Bluetooth Mouse

The scroll wheel has two modes, frictionless and the standard "clicky" type. As far as sturdiness goes, it's been very resilient for me.
Hi cwa,
Thanks for the link to your review. It makes an interesting read.
One thing you didn't mention in your review, is whether the m555b suffers any noticeable lag, like some other BT mice do.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I've heard that complaint before, but never noticed it myself in any of the BT mice I've used. So either I'm not sensitive to it or it's not occuring.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbinva View Post
Thanks for the info for Magic Prefs, it's a great app.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

Got the M555b myself and love it. Good mouse and very sturdy.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
I've heard that complaint before, but never noticed it myself in any of the BT mice I've used. So either I'm not sensitive to it or it's not occuring.
Agreed with CWA. Never had any Lag issues with 2 logitech BT's, a Microsoft BT and the Magic Mouse.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Mighty Mouse Pairing Issues. | Can you recommend a TV tuner PCI card for my G5? »