30-Inch Cinema HD Display alternatives
    Our lab is going to buy a new Mac Pro and we need to have a large display to view and edit data etc.

What are the best alternatives (equal or greater quality, less expensive) to the 30-Inch Cinema HD Displays?

I'm sure that this is frequently brought up in the forums but the constant introduction of new monitors may quickly outdate some recommendations.

Thanks!

Specs:
    nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
    The 30" Dell model is highly regarded, it is a fair bit cheaper (no 30" monitor is cheap though) and it is a bit more up-to-date specification wise.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by bernieball View Post
    Our lab is going to buy a new Mac Pro and we need to have a large display to view and edit data etc.

What are the best alternatives (equal or greater quality, less expensive) to the 30-Inch Cinema HD Displays?

I'm sure that this is frequently brought up in the forums but the constant introduction of new monitors may quickly outdate some recommendations.

Thanks!
    Here's a new 27" display released by Dell...it isn't cheap...but it may work for you depending on your needs/budget:

Dell intros IPS-equipped, high resolution 27" display - TechSpot News

Of course if you don't really need such a large expensive display...there are lots of nice 24" displays out there at MUCH lower prices.

Hope this helps,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

I have suggested the possibility of purchasing two 24-inch displays for the same price of a single 30-inch display. I have s similar setup and really love the increase in work surface and productivity. However, the lab seems to be set on a single, larger model. I'll mention a 27-inch size on Monday and see what they think.

Thanks.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by bernieball View Post
    I have suggested the possibility of purchasing two 24-inch displays for the same price of a single 30-inch display.
    I'm not sure what 24" displays you were considering. But I got my HP 24" display (1920 x 1200) for around $200.

You could buy NINE of these 24" displays for the same price as a new Apple 30" display.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information